Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 24: I'm seeing multicolor sugar birds!

I'm supposed to shock you all with a movie none of you would expect me to love. I have a dilemma. Being as sporadic and strange as I am in my tastes, I think it would be impossible to surprise you. I enjoy a good romance, as well as a zombie movie, a disaster movie and a animated cartoon. I tried hard to think of something that any of you who know me personally wouldn't know that I liked, but I failed. So I apologize on my first failed challenge. Do you ever feel like you have a fizzing, gurgling, mass of creativeness trying to escape, but you just don't have the time to let it out? I was feeling it today, only I did have some time and an excuse to try this batch of cookies. I wanted to try something new, something challenging. I love a baking challenge don't you? I found this cookie recipe on the very back page of our mashed up, unorganized, binder of miscellaneous recipes, and we had everything to make them! So I got started. They were pretty labor intensive as cookies go, but overall they were easy. They didn't turn out as perfect as the picture in the book, but I also didn't put a lot of effort into making them flawless either. I thought they tasted bland, but other people seemed to like them, so maybe I'll make them again sometime. Also, something else I've been up to was redoing the cover of my planner. The college gave me a daily planner when I had my orientation. It's really quite nice. It has all the phone numbers in the front, and a quote each day, but I didn't like the cover. It just sat on my desk screaming for me to do something with it. At first I thought I might just tear off the cover, or maybe crochet something, but I never got around to it. So last night I got out my scrap booking supplies and some card stuff and put together a very "me'ish" cover. Front
Back

3 comments:

Rachael Melody said...

Love the notebook cover - so pretty and creative!

Hannah said...

the cookies were YUM!! and your notebook cover is %100 delightful!

Nicole said...

you should fix my planner too! :)