Thursday, December 16, 2010

my life. the changing book.

I'm officially finished with my first semester at college. It's hard to believe it's over already. In a way I'm glad it's done, in another way I kind of miss it. I'm such a creature of habit, I could have kept going on with this schedule for a lot longer. But time moves, things change, and experiences come and go.

Life is like a really good book: You practically devour it whole, page by page, living each moment just to turn the paper over and see what comes next, but then suddenly you realize your almost on the last chapter and you wonder if you should have savored it a bit more instead of reading well past midnight every night. When you do finish the book and stare at the cover for about 5-10 minutes (depending on how good the book was) reminiscing, you wonder "can any other book live up to this one?" But although there might be some books that are a waste of time, completely boring, and not well written at all, you find one. One that not only meets, but maybe surpasses the first book. Then you feel somehow that the first book you read was worth it, a sigh of relief. Like wow, that one was good, but this one is better and now I know that even though I wish the first book could have gone on forever, the book and I morphing into one, I'm glad I was able to move on, because change can be good. New characters can be just as interesting, different plot lines can be even more intriguing, and who knows, someday they might make a sequel.

I don't know, maybe it's late, and I let my imagination go a little wild, or maybe I'm just thinking about the book I am presently reading, but this whole book analogy seems pretty legit to how I'm thinking right now. Like I said before time moves too fast. I've never was one of those kids who all they wanted to do was grow up. if anything all I've ever wanted to do is grow down (if that makes any sense) but I just have to keep reminding myself that change is good, and God has me in his hands, and even when I don't know what I'm doing, He does.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

that makes sense to me.