Tuesday, December 21, 2010

my life wrapped up for the year

As the year is starting to come to a close, I was reminiscing about everything that I have done over the last year. I thought I would make a list of not necessarily personal accomplishments, or spiritual growth, but things that have changed or I have learned since January 1st. I'm sure I'll forget hundreds, but I'll just start and see how far I can get.
  1. I went skiing for the first time in three years.
  2. Made a pound cake, vanilla wafers, banana cookies, a lemon chiffon cake, a three layer German chocolate cake with chocolate fudge frosting, and many other new things.
  3. Finished my Kimono.
  4. Made myself do the splits with my right leg all the way down.
  5. Found out that I have Ehler's Danlo syndrome.
  6. Went to physical therapy for a few weeks.
  7. Burnt my fingers on fudge and went to the ER.
  8. Finished my log and lace pillow.
  9. Went to a coffee shop and ordered a coffee for the first time ever.
  10. Went paddle boarding.
  11. Felted a sweater.
  12. Went to 2 different swing dances and enjoyed both thoroughly.
  13. Made a duct tape slingshot.
  14. Decided to go to college.
  15. Taught myself how to wire wrap.
  16. Discovered many new songs that I really like, as well as some new artists.
  17. Graduated High School.
  18. Went camping three times.
  19. Went rafting three times.
  20. Jumped off a bridge into fast moving, frigid water.
  21. Took a tour of the Libby Dam.
  22. Dressed up as Genghis Khan and went to Hu Hot to get a free meal.
  23. Sat on a Vespa, and rock climbed on the army wall, at the fair, in a short skirt.
  24. Went to my first concert.
  25. Used dad's power tools to make a wall hanging.
  26. Started college.
  27. Had my wisdom teeth removed.
  28. Changed what I have for breakfast every morning.
  29. Hosted a bridal shower for my best friend.
  30. Got my first cell phone.
  31. Did hair for many different people at multiple weddings.
  32. Saved enough for my braces and finally got them.
  33. Went to Deaf bowling nights, and helped with the Wha(D)t Deaf World.
  34. Signed a song during the Valley Voices choir.
  35. Gave a power point presentation.
  36. Was a MOH in my best friends wedding.
  37. Had my 79th-61st birthday.
  38. Brought and carried a pathetic gingerbread house around college all day with me on a dare.
  39. Found out that Dystopian is the name for my favorite genre of books.
  40. Wrote 2 five page papers for college.
  41. Finished my first semester of college.
  42. Taught myself how to make an origami butterfly and Ninja throwing star.
  43. Registered for my next semester of college.
  44. Taught myself how to do Chinese brush painting.
  45. Crocheted a panda.
  46. Finished my Nocturne on the piano.
  47. Wrote many poems.
  48. Started and then gave up on a novel I was writing.
  49. Did all my Christmas shopping in one day.
  50. Can give you a limited life story in sign language.
  51. And had my fist manicure since moving to Montana.

And here is a list of things that haven't changed or I've not done yet.

  1. My spelling has not really improved at all.
  2. I still have never been on a four wheeler.
  3. I never did make up that exercise routine.
  4. I haven't donated blood yet.
  5. Haven't made a lemon meringue pie.
  6. I'm still awful at e-mailing or calling people back.
  7. I'm still not on Facebook.
  8. I still plan on sky diving someday.
  9. And I still don't know what I'm going to work towards in college.

Like I said I'm probably forgeting lots and maybe I'll add more as I think of them throughout these last few weeks.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Wow, Megan! That's quite the list. It's hard to believe all of that happened in one year. What fabulous memories! I'm looking forward to whatever 2011 brings.
:-)