Tuesday, September 7, 2010

the last rose (sunflower) of summer

Although it still looks green outside, you can feel Autumn sneaking up. When I go out now I have to ask myself "do I need a jacket?". Along with Fall comes good and bad. The good; sweaters, knee highs, hot drinks, pretty colors, and hats. The bad; winter is on its way, colds *cough*, no more swimming, no more flip flops, no more gardening (besides tearing it up), for my brother school, and it really doesn't matter what color I paint my toenails because no one sees them anyway.
Mom and I were in the garden tonight picking some of the last beans for dinner, and I asked if she minded if I picked a sunflower. I hadn't this year and they are all either facing the wrong direction, bug laden, or dying. Just being out there for the few minutes, the cool breeze reminded me of the upcoming season. I don't know about any of you, but I think of different things for times, or places. Like right now I feel like the Swan River Walk, Choir, chocolate chip cookies, and Little House on the Prairie. I have a feeling next year it will be homework. I'm not overwhelmed yet, but I've never really had to do homework before and I'm going to have to readjust my schedule, because going to bed around one, isn't going to work in the long run. I started piano lessons again today, and I'm almost done with all the dresses for the wedding. So on with the new, off with the old, on with the year.

No comments: