Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Getting all wired up for summer

Yesterday I was in a creative mood, so....

I've been wanting to make this sign for a while now, so I finally got around to it. I found my old wood burning kit and decided it would look nicer than painting it. I hadn't tried burning in so long I forgot how hard it is on your hands, and how easy it is to mess up. Afterwards I felt like I had been crocheting a hundred mph all day. These are not weeds, but it is my garden. I know they look small for this time of year, but it was just too cold to plant ant earlier.
The plants in the foreground are radishes.I got a jewelry making book from the library and it had instruction on making a wire bird nest necklace. I had everything to make it so I decided to give it a try. It went really quick and I like how it turned out. All I need now is a pair of bird earrings. Remember so long ago wen I planted some forgotten seeds in a old pot? Well it has been blooming really gorgeous flowers. Actually three different kinds.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Your necklace is so cute! Now I want to make one! And the sign is funny.

Jessica said...

I love your creativity Megan. You should try selling necklaces like that...it's really sweet.