Sunday, June 6, 2010

I got my beach fix

Well, we got back from camping a few hours ago. I'm wrapped up in my fuzzy robe, my wet hair up in a clip, my legs smooth from a good, way over due shave, and my eyes tired from smoke burn.
We left for camping on Thursday. After a two hour drive to Lake Koocanusa and we finished setting up camp, we, actually I don't really remember what we did, but it most likely involved sitting around a fire, talking, maybe a bike ride to the lake, and roasting marshmallows.

Friday was the really fun. Because Koocanusa is so close to Eureka we have a girls day. Hannah, Mrs. Vestal, Rachel, my mom and I first went to a little thrift store. I got a really cute yellow summer dress (it will need modifications). Next we went to this woman's resale clothing store, and then to The Sunflower Moose. Lastly we went to the same wonderful place we went to last year for lunch. I think I had the best sandwich I've ever had, but then I think I said that last time.
Saturday was long. We drove a hour away to go to the Amish auction. For lack of seating reasons I was in Eric's truck with Mitch, Tara, and Eric. Like most trucks it really is only supposed to be for two, maybe three people. So needless to say we were very squished. The auction was smaller that usual, so we didn't stay long. On the way back we stopped at the swinging rope bridge. That is so much fun! If you know me I have a thing for heights. Most people are afraid of heights, I'm afraid of lowness. So of course I love rope bridges. Rachel and I climbed on rocks and even my 89 year old grandpa made it to the bridge, and it is a little bit of a hike. Christian, Lucy, Luke, and ShelbyMeRidge and HannahMrs. Vestal, my Grandpa, and Mom
Later that night Rachel and I rode our bikes down to the lake. Lake koocanusa's beach is so wonderful. It has fine sand so it's more like a beach than a lake. We did cartwheels, built sand castles, basically got our beach fix for the next year.
Even later we went canoeing across the lake, and even later than that went on a walk around the beach bare foot. Well, Rachel and I were barefoot. It felt so good to walk in the mud. Oh, that's another fact about me I love mud, if you didn't already know.
Eric, Tara, me, and Rachel
Today we picked up camp and came home. So wer'e back where I started, except my hair is a little dryer now.

1 comment:

His Handmaidens said...

I'm sure it was better than last years rainy experiance...
Jillian