Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Goose and Geese, Moose and Meese?

Today, Well, you all know how athletic I am (Muffled laughter). First I rode my bike up to our mailboxes (which for all who don't know is a 1/3 mile away) and back, then Rachel and I rode almost to the mailboxes, but then saw Cleo (My dog) had followed us, so I rode her back home. So, Rachel and I rode up to Jewel Basin, and guess who we saw coming down to meet us? Give up? Cleo, our 145 pound dog who is even less athletic then I am. So It took a while but we finally got Cleo home after about 15 mins of painstakingly slow riding. After that we went to go to Jewel Basin again. OK, this is where it gets interesting. WE SAW A MOOSE!!!!!!! We where riding when I saw it "Rachel, look, Rachel, look a moose, over there, look, do you see it? look, oh Rachel do you see it?!" With many little leaps of joy and some claps. Eventually she saw it, then It looked at us and THEN crossed the rode right in front of us!!! It was a smaller female. We kept riding shouting, screaming and singing to everyone who passed by that we saw a moose! We got to Jewel Basin and decided to go farther, then Rachel suggested that we go to the Underhill's house. So we kept riding (By the way as I said before I'm not athletic AT ALL!) We rode, and rode, finally coming to a small creak/river and cooled are feet and splashed are faces. Then we kept going. After a long trip (Beautiful) but long we got to the Underhill's. No car, bad news. So we knocked on the door, then harder Rachel all the while saying "This is the Gestapo, open up!". OK, after 3 miles to the Underhill's (mostly up hill) we where worn out. So we checked the door it was unlocked, See, that's the nice thing about Montana, nobody locks their doors. We went in , Well, Uncle Greg works for Anchor alarms so we avoided the alarm. We helped ourselves to water and I called my mom and told her where we were and to tell the Underhills (They were at are house) that We where drinking their water and using their phone. So we went home which took considerably less time then it it going there. We came home and did what we do at home with the Underhills and Vestals (Besides commenting on other people's blogs) sat on the roof and sang.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

huh... I could definitely not picture all that happening in ca... especially the unlocked door part...

that was mildly interesting, but I still think visual effects is more interesting than a bike ride :D

It is your blog, so write whatever you want, it's not like I write about daisy's on my blog to interest other people...

Megan said...

Hey, It's not about the bike ride, WE SAW A MOOSE!!!!!!!

Megan said...

How often do you see a moose? For that matter how often do we see a moose, not so often. So a moose is preety special. IT was Rachel's first moose she had ever seen and my second! (Excluding zoos)

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever seen one in the wild so that is a valid point. I'm not discounting the moose as much as making a point that we each have different things of interest. I think it's great that you saw a moose and got excited, I'd never want to stifle that. I'm trying to have a little fun, don't take me so seriously unless I make a point to say "take me seriously here". I've never seen a wild moosen and being that I live in the city, I forget that it's cool to see animals like that. And I figured that you saw animals like that everyday living up there...

"take me seriously here" congratulations on seeing the moose, and for rachel seeing her first moose. that's pretty cool.

(I guess I should take a hint from "calicomoose" that you like the meesen a lot)

Anonymous said...

Whoa Whoa! you two stop. Remember no arguing on blogs. That's not what the blog squad dose

Anonymous said...

Megan,

What you just described is exactly the way I'd like to spend my afternoon...only I'd like to have my husband along rather than a girlfriend. :)

Ridgefilmmaker said...

MMM I would like to have a girl friend. Oops did I say that out load. He He! Just joking (as if I needed to say that)

Anonymous said...

I wasn't trying to argue, I was trying to make peace (I guess it didn't work...)

Ridge... tsk tsk tsk... I got 3 words for you "Be A Man!"