Saturday, February 12, 2011

S.A.D.

I'm so tired of grey and white: Grey sky, white ground, white sky, grey ground. It seems to never change. On those few days it is actually sunny it feels wonderful (even if it is only like 10 degrees out). This winter has felt so long. I've heard someone say something along the lines that we have only had around 12 sunny days this whole winter. I can't wait for summer, forget spring, I just can't wait for Summer. I believe this is why they throw Valentines Day right in the middle of the gloomiest month; to get some color into this world. Now it's white...., grey....., PINK, and RED! The change is somewhat a welcome. I'm normally not a Valentines Day person, but this year I have been having fun with some crafts.

A few weeks ago I started making lots of cards. I first drew an anatomically correct heart card, then moved to somewhat morbid cards, to well, even more morbid. I eventually decided that I needed to tone it down a little and started sketching these S.A.D. little people. Yesterday I found this neat craft on a blog where you wrap yarn around a wire. It was a little frustrating at first, but I eventually figured it out. I think it would be fun to do names or sayings with this technique. Lastly I found these instructions on how to make these paper flowers on Green Wedding Shoes, and on a whim decided to give it a try. I like the way it turned out, but seriously what do you do with a huge paper flower once it's done?

Besides these few crafts I haven't done too much in the creative department. My life mostly consists of homework, and because I have been a little sick lately; naps, lots of naps.

I hope everyone has a great Valentines Day this year even if you don't have a special person in your life. It's so easy to find someone or something to love. Just look around and tell them you love them. It can be your parents, siblings, dog, random person on the street, I don't care maybe you even love that flowering bush in your room. God gives us so much love everyday the least we can do is spread it around a bit.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I agree, Megan. Remember all the fun Valentine's parties we did over the years? That was always so much fun. And ditto on the color deficiency. I don't think I've ever had such an intense craving for melons and sunshine in my life. And I'm even willing to snap a bathing suit onto myself and get wet. Mmmm....and a good old-fashioned rope swing wouldn't hurt either. :-)